April 24-30 is National Infertility Awareness Week, a time of the year that is very important to our team at the Center for Reproductive Medicine. During this significant week, we’re reminded that infertility can be a difficult and life changing time for people who want to conceive. We want to remind you that we’re here for you through every step of your fertility journey to help you manage this challenging time.
Tips to help you cope with fertility treatments
Coping with infertility can be difficult and trying. But there are things you can do for support and to help you cope. These include:
- Prepare yourself – Not knowing what results you will have with fertility testing and treatment can be stressful. We will explain the steps prior to your appointment so you can prepare yourself for what is to come.
- Set limits – Do your best to determine in advance what kind of procedures you’re emotionally and financially comfortable with, and how many.
- Consider other options – It’s important to weigh all of your options. Though these options aren’t for everyone, adoption, donor sperm or egg, donor embryo, gestational carrier, or adoption, are all other options for having a child.
- Seek support – One of the most important ways to cope with infertility is to join support groups or counseling services for help before, during, and after treatment and testing to help you handle the process.
Managing your emotional stress
Whatever the result of your fertility treatment, you will probably face some emotional stress. To handle this stress in a healthy way, there are things you can do, including:
- Stay in touch with loved ones by communicating your feelings with your partner, close friends, or family to help you through this difficult time
- Reduce your stress in a healthy way with exercise, meditation, and deep breathing
- Consume a healthy diet to improve your emotional, physical and mental health
Fertility treatment and testing can be stressful, uncomfortable and emotionally taxing. The physicians and staff at Center for Reproductive Medicine are here for you, and offer a wide variety of fertility treatments to make the dreams of conceiving a healthy child a reality. Take the first step to having a child of your own. Call (612) 863-6137 today to schedule your first appointment.