|National Infertility Awareness Week:
April 21-27, 2013
Since 1989 RESOLVE has organized National Infertility Awareness Week® (NIAW).
Infertility affects 7.3 million people in the U.S. This figure represents 12% of women of childbearing age, or 1 in 8 couples. (2002 National Survey of Family Growth). Despite these eye-opening statistics, much of society has little or no awareness of infertility.
Isn't it about time that a spotlight was shined brightly on those who bravely face the disease of infertility? Here are some ways that you can partner with us in NIAW:
- Brush up (or enlighten others) on infertility etiquette. What should you never say? What should you say when you cannot find the words?
- Ask your library to set up a display of infertility related books and provide them with signs about NIAW.
- Host a dinner party and invite those who have helped you during your infertility journey as a way to say thank you for their support.
- Are you a blogger? Visit the RESOLVE Blogger's Unite page for submission guidelines to enter in this year's Hope Award for Best Blog.
- Ask your yoga instructor to host a free mind/healthy body class for those struggling with infertility and bring resources for the group (builds client base for her!)
For more ideas and tools check out the RESOLVE page for National Infertility Awareness Week (April 21-27).